Successful Consultants Limited Data Policy
It is the policy of Successful Consultants Limited ensure confidentiality of personal data and the privacy of individuals. We adhere to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) and its amendment Ordinance of the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
We may hold the following personal data:
- ID number
- Photo page of passport
- Visa details
- Date of birth
- Contact details
- Emergency contact details
- Work telephone number
- Work email address
- Work experience
- Aptitude test results
- Opinions about your work performance (eg references)
- Incidents at the workplace
- Other personal data obtained or received by us in connection with your possible and actual work placements
- Personal data associated with managing queries and complaints
This policy applies to all data we process about you and may include some data about your physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, commission or allegations of an offence and other sensitive personal data. References to personal data in this policy include such sensitive personal data.
Personal data should not be collected unless:
- The data is collected for a lawful purpose directly related to a function or activity of Successful Consultants Limited.
- The collection of data is necessary for or directly related to that purpose
- The data is adequate but not excessive in relation to that purpose
We may collect personal data about you when:
- You complete any forms or provide any other information in connection with your application
- We receive any reference about you
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body.
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test or any background check
- We receive any complaint or other information from or about you in the workplace
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you were involved
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved
- You provide us with any additional information about you
We may gather information about all our website users, eg which areas users visit more frequently and which services users access the most. We only use such data anonymously. This data helps us give you an overall better service and user experience.
In some instances we may need specific data about you, such as name, address, email address, telephone number etc. We will collect this data if you apply for a job or sign up for a service via our website. We may also ask you for other data such as the types of jobs you are interested in and your workplace concerns in order to provide you with the best possible service and internet experience.
We require your personal data in order to help you and provide our services to you.
Your personal data may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placement
- Career guidance or management
- Your performance appraisals
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Our identification of your training needs
- Any workplace rehabilitation
- Our management and resolution of any complaint, inquiry or investigation in which you are involved
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
- Undertaking criminal reference checks
- For research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing, and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you
- Providing our services to our clients
Where we have obtained your consent (eg by you agreeing in writing to our Privacy Notice) or are otherwise lawfully allowed to do so, we intend to use your name, residential address, mobile phone number, residential home number and email address to promote our services by phone, SMS/MMS, email or post as further described in this policy.
We cannot use or provide your personal data for use in direct marketing unless we receive your consent to the intended use or provision or have another lawful basis.
If at any time you provide personal data of a third party to us, you warrant and represent that:
- You have already given written notice to the third party of the intention to use the data for such direct marketing
- Have obtained the; written consent of the third party to the use or provision of their personal data in such direct marketing
- The intended use of personal data and the promotion is consistent with and covered by the consent of the third party
We may disclose your personal data for the purposes for which it is collected. Your personal data may be disclosed to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Successful Consultants Limited
- Other Employees of Successful Consultants Limited
- External providers of on-line training and induction – eg mandatory on-line H&S Induction
- Our insurers and brokers
- A professional association or registration body that has a legitimate interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- A Workers Compensation body
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
- Accountants, auditors, company secretarial services and professional advisers
- Landlords, agents and property services organisations
- Travel and other services providers
- IT, data, network, technology, internet, social network and business process service providers and organisations
- Marketing and event organisers, venues and companies
This may include transferring your personal data to a location or country which may not offer the same level of protection of personal data as Hong Kong.
We do not disclose data about your individual visits to our website
Ensuring the safety and the privacy of your personal data is important to us, whether you interact with us personally, by phone, mail, over the internet or other electronic medium. We hold personal data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records, and take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect the personal data we hold from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. However, when we consider data is no longer needed for the fulfilment of the purpose (including any directly related purpose) for which the data is or is to be used, we will remove any details that will identify you or we will securely destroy the records.